12 Jan Why Small Businesses Should Make Use of Video Marketing Campaigns
Video marketing campaigns for small businesses are a must and they can help your company attract more business, reach broader audiences and gain repeat customers. Many clients wonder whether a video marketing campaignreally is a worthwhile marketing investment. This is what I usually tell clients who ask this question:
A one minute video is worth 1.8 million words, that’s right, 1.8 million words. You may recall the 1979 song “Video killed the Radio Star,” which declared the demise of radio and ushered us if you will, in to the era of music videos. More than three decades later, video is swiftly replacing the written word. Think of it this way:
- 1 picture = 1000 words
- 1 second of video = 30 frames per second
- 60 seconds = 1 minute
- 1 frame = 1 picture
- 30 pictures per second x 1000 words = 30000 words per second
- 60 seconds x 30000 words / sec = 1.8 million words!
As you revamp your marketing strategy for the New Year, we strongly recommend devoting resources to video marketing campaigns and here’s why:
- Social media platforms for video sharing are free. Small businesses often operate under tight budgets so take advantage of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and other free social networks. Establishing a substantial social media presence and sharing video content on your social networks won’t cost you a fortune at all and your video content will have a global reach.
- People connect to video content more quickly and more strongly than images and text. Videos have something that other forms of communication don’t – the human factor. Viewers are immediately engaged with emotions, facial expressions, tone of voice, movement and more and you can convey your message much more quickly when you use video.
- Video content is widely shared across social networks, especially on Facebook. Did you know that Facebook users are more likely to share videos than any other type of content?
- You can include personal calls to action in your videos. Make it clear what the viewer should do when they’re finished watching a video and be sure to include your company’s full contact information.
- There are many DIY programs that let you shoot and edit high quality videos so all of the production can be done in-house. This gives you the opportunity to make new videos on a regular basis.
Partner With Astral Studios For World-Class Video Marketing
For more information about video marketing campaigns for small businesses, or if you’re interested in our online video services, please do not hesitate to contact us today for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.